Call us now On : +1 (804) 859 2002
Generally speaking, the benefits of BIM, to the AEC industry, can be categorised into 4 segments — Pre-Construction benefits, Design benefits, Construction & Fabrication benefits, and Post-Construction benefits.
- Using BIM, building owners can estimate, before the start of actual construction of the building, whether the proposed building design is financially feasible
- If a particular design is over the owner’s budget, the owner can easily propose for a new design that can be built within a given cost and time budget.
- The BIM 3D model can be used to visualise the design at any stage of the process.
- While designing, if all the objects used in the model are controlled by parametric rules, ensuring proper alignment, then it can be sure that the 3D model can be constructed in actual sense.
- BIM also enables accurate extraction of 2D drawings at any stage of the design process.
- BIM also offers adequate information for building performance analysis and evaluation, which is of vital importance for sustainable building design.
- Using BIM, designers can analyze the building design in detail and locate human errors, if any.
- BIM provides accurate and extremely reliable information about the building, the structure, the materials used, etc including green aspects such as energy efficiency and day-lighting.
- Earlier design visualisation also allows for better cost estimates and budget control.
Construction & Fabrication benefits:
- The BIM 3D model can be used to visualise the building and development site with realistic, real-time design scenarios to show hoe it will look like at any point in time.
- BIM allows the use of collision detection, which greatly decreases the errors made by design team members as well as the construction team. Here the computer actually informs team members about parts of the building in conflict or clashing, and through detailed computer visualization of each part in relation to the total building.
- BIM operates on a digital database and any suggested design change made to this database is reflected throughout the entire drawing.
- BIM produces construction documents that contain information about structure, quantities, materials and other data that can be used in both — the construction and management of a building.
- A finalised BIM model provides an accurate source of information about the as-built spaces and systems. It also serves as a useful starting point for managing and operating the building.
USA: + (1) 805 426 9542
UK: + (44) 2071 935276
Australia: + (61) 02 8006 0678
India: + (91) 484 2988 448